What's facinating is if the Gosselin children are able to muddle through the rest of their childhoods without any significant emotional problems from their parents' divorce played out on everyone's televisions.
Also reportedly on the list: Sarah Palin, of "bring me my retarded baby" fame, Lady Gaga (whata now?) and Adam Lambert. Pleassse.
We have some suggestions for Barbara for the real facinating people out there from 2009. Not ego-maniacs revelling in their 15 Minutes.
1. Police Officer Kim Munley, who opened fire on the Fort Hood gunman and stopped the rampage, saving who knows how many lives.
2. Sully Sullivan, who landed U.S. Airways Flight safely in the Hudson River earlier this year.
3. California firefighters, who this fall fought and saved thousands of homes and lives from some of the biggest forest fires the state has ever seen.
4. Barack Obama, sworn in as the nation's first African-American president in January and awarded the Nobel Peace prize.
5. Michael Oher, the homeless African-American teenager who eventually graduated from high school, college, and started playing football for the Baltimore Ravens this season. His story is told in the newly released film "The Blind Side."