According to author Robert Hoffman, who says he is in possession of notes and diaries that Kate used to write Multiple Blessings and Eight Little Faces, Kate wrote entry after entry about disiplining the kids.
The entries include:
- Kate used a wooden spoon she called "The Spanker" to discipline the kids for transgressions as minor as climbing out of their cribs or potty training issues.
|A wooden spoon was indeed spotted more than once in the pocket of their car door.|
- Kate, in her own words "lost it" when Collin ate some M&Ms without permission.
- Kate “felt like I may hurt his children.”
- Kate preferred the kids out of sight when she was upset where they would be "safe"
- When Collin threw a tantrum, Kate says she “sent him to his crib and whipped him into it very hard...I never felt that I may really seriously injure a child, but today was that day.”
"You could hear Kate forcefully whacking the child and the child screaming at the top of his lungs," the ex-employee reported.
Kate has never denied the allegations in the interview.