Thanks to her Mom's diligence, child star Tatyana Ali
grew into a well-adjusted adult.
Among some of the common denominators:
- Parents didn't quit their mediocre day jobs. (Kate has apparently kissed nursing goodbye.)
- The kids were driven by their own childhood passions, not their parents' ambitions. (It was obviously not an 18-month-old's idea to star in a T.V. show)
- Parents encouraged their kids to pursue other interests outside of fame, like swimming for example. (Kate seems to do a lot of encouraging of school plays.)
- Parents were on set at all times watching out for their children's well-being instead of schmoozing for their own benefit. (The Gosselin children were filmed several times without a parent on set)
- Parents supported forward thinking kids who can move on smoothly from their famous past. "It's important to realize that it's something to be very proud of, but also to realize that it's in the past and to strive for something in the future," said tennis champ Tracy Austin. (Kate seems to be stuck in the past, constantly reliving filmed vacations, episodes, and creating new "episodes" in her head which she then plays out on Twitter and her blog for her fans.)