Teresa and Joe Giudice's troubles with the IRS are truly unbelievable. The 39 count indictment is a train wreck to read. Although much of their blatant dirty deeds happened before Teresa ever signed on with Bravo, there are some interesting tidbits about Teresa's role on the popular Real Housewives of New Jersey. Notably, the compensation is much lower compared to reality T.V. top figures that used to be reported just a few years ago.
- Between June 2008 and October 2009, Teresa made approximately $110,000 between her reality show, appearances and her web site.
- In 2009 Teresa and Joe signed on for Season 2 of Real Housewives at $110,000 for the season. This amounts to about $6,000 an episode.
- The IRS is ticked that Teresa didn't disclose expected future income when she filed for bankruptcy in 2009. They allege she only disclosed her Bravo salary and did not disclose any other income from other sources such as her business and web site. She specifically told them, under oath, that her web site was not generating any income, when the IRS alleges in fact it was.
- The IRS is also ticked that Teresa didn't disclose the true income from her many other business ventures.
- The IRS is really, really ticked at this couple.
|Teresa Giudice, middle|
Teresa and Joe could face up to 30 years in prison. Their passports have been confiscated and Joe faces possible deportation to Italy if convicted.